The Board of Selectmen hires an Executive Assistant to manage the administrative functions of their office, as directed by the majority vote of the Selectmen. It is her job to assists the Selectmen in carrying out their duties and overseeing the day to day operations of town departments and services for the citizens of Woodstock. Some of her responsibilities include:
- Attending Selectmen meetings and carrying out their policy decisions and assignments. She organizes meeting agendas, reviews the preparation of meeting minutes, and provides updates on current operations and conditions to the Board of Selectmen.
- Keeps the Board of Selectmen and public informed of the Town’s present and future needs.
- Prepares the Municipal Budget to be adopted by the Selectmen.
- Administers the financial resources of the Town in a safe, fair, accurate and professional manner to meet all areas of fiscal responsibility.
- Represents the Selectmen whenever they are not present, and monitors the activities of elected and appointed boards and committees.
- Answers public inquiries, responds to requests, coordinates many administrative tasks within the Town Office.
- Seeks daily to assist and manage the functions of the Town in an efficient and prudent manner.
The Administrative Department strives to ensure the expedient and accurate processing of the financial data, technical support & maintenance, and other administrative functions. The staff is dedicated to provide quality customer service to property owners/taxpayers, clients, vendors, and other Town Departments.